Monday 10 August 2009

Creative weekend ... sorta

Over the weekend I attempted to have a very creative weekend. Unfortunately I wasn't. Luckily some other people were and that gave me something to do.
With the Sydney Design Festival on there is something to explore almost everyday. So I headed out to see what I could find.
Thinking globally and acting locally I returned to a familiar haunt at Oh Really to meet up with Sophie one half of the Monday Project and two halves of Avocado and Lemon. Creative dreams, strains and realities crossed the table along with lattes and lime tart. What a great way to spend an afternoon.
Full of inspiration and a need for stimulation I headed down to an exhibition being run by AGDA as part of the festival. Not knowing what to expect I was enjoying the street art in Omnibus lane before I realised that it was the exhibition. I would post some photos from it, but as BenZen said about the studio of Ghost Patrol and Miso ... you could walk around it 4 or 5 times and see something new everytime. The same can be said here, and I would not be doing it justice if I tried. Definitely worth exploring on a sunny day.
To top it off a visit to the Object Gallery to see some more commercial work in the form of super trendy kitchen objects. After which I attempted to visit Gaffa on a Sunday. Not the best idea, so I will have to go back when they are open.
Anyway thats the abridged version of my weekend. Hopefully it gets you out to the Festival (these this don't happen every day) and inspired, maybe even to Young Blood next weekend. Hope to see you there.

Omnibus Lane, Ultimo.

No comments: