Wednesday 2 March 2011

Something new

In my couch ridden stupor I have found a spark of inspiration from Forger's Masterclass on ABC. Every week John Myatt (art forger) introduces one of the masters and 3 'students' have a go at it. With nothing better to do I also had a dash at it. Though I don't think I have a future in forgeries it wasn't a bad exercise for someone who hasn't painted in a long long time.

First up was Edward Hopper

Next came Andre Derian

They have also worked through Monet and Van Gogh, but I don't think I am ready for those yet.

Another person also working through the shows themes is barbsartfrenzy, it's great to see her painting skills improving with each piece.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Hi Rhys. Thanks for the referral!! Good to see you painting too. Can only encourage you so that I have someone to talk to about things. Good idea to put an Ozzie take on things. I have been doing a lot of work with a South American and Antarctic theme, and can't get out of it - have too much in my head. Am looking forward to Forger's in 10 minutes. Barb