Monday 23 March 2009

Oh Really

With a lazy Sunday ready to be taken advantage of I headed down to the Oh Really gallery to see the Australian Stencil Art prize. The gallery is perfect for the medium. Small and a little rough around the edges. Not to mention being a stones throw from King St Newtown and all the alleys decorated in some great art. Definitely worth a look if you are in the area.

Along with the gallery you should have a look down Weeks Lane where you will find one of the highest densities of street art in the area. Though the door below must have a story behind it with all the stencils being upside down.





I have no idea how many times I have walked past this sign (below) without it catching my eye. Now its all I see. Being new to the area I didn't know it before so here is the background on the site - a Guerilla Gardeners project.



No comments: